Wednesday 20 October 2010

Go Compare? Go bugger off more like!


I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm getting well and truly fed up of the advert for Go Compare, or Go Compaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare as we keep on being told by a fat bloke in a black and white suit pertaining to be an opera singer.

It was quite funny when it first came out, but now it's wore off completely, and just makes me flick the channel over on the remote control as soon as I hear the start of the ad.

Time for a change, I know they say that it identifies the brand etc, but it doesn't stop it being annoying as hell, so hopefully they'll freshen it up somewhere soon, it's just cringeing now everytime I see it.

So much so in fact that I've started to sing something else which fits in nicely after the "Go" bit, try it... "Go f... off, Go f... off..." yes, it works quite well actually!

Anyway, I'm sure everyone has their own adverts that they just cannot stand, and right now that's mine!

Rant over.

2 comments:

  1. The guy's name is Wynne Evans and he is a proper opera singer.

    He was originally asked to do the voice-over for the commercial, but when they saw him, they asked him to appear as well.

    Still bloody annoying though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was funny, I like that ad...

    Chester, send me an email argentumvulgaris[at]gmail.com. I have an idea for you.

    AV

    ReplyDelete