Wednesday 14 September 2011

The Second Week!

It's now into week 3 of my 28 Day Challenge, and time to have a look a back at Week 2, which I have to say has been a bit topsy turvy on the running front, but still keeping pretty disciplined on the food side of things, and keeping meals to smaller sizes.

Being off work on Friday & Monday was always going to be a test, and as most of it was indoors due to the weather being crap, it was a big test to stay away from the fridge, or even the wine rack!

But stay away I have, and upon weighing myself yesterday for the 2 week mark, have now lost a total of 12.5lbs (I'm not sure whether I should count half pounds, but it souds better!) in the space of 14 days, so it's still working and now I'm just 1.5lbs away from my target of losing a stone, so still ahead of schedule I'm pleased to say.

The running side of things has taken a hit though this week, and possibly illustrates why I have not lost more weight, who knows, but I did go running for the first half of Week 2, but don't tend to go out on the weekend days, preferring to see those as 'rest' days, or 'recovery' days as they like to call them.

The Perfect Help...
I did a few in-house sessions though of exercising, not quite confident enough to do those in the gym, and I have my mate to thank for lending me the Max & Paddy dvd to help give me a laugh whilst doing it too, well funny, you need a good laugh whilst doing this challenge, and that supplied it!

It also got me a sweat on too, and felt good at the end of it for doing it, I've done that twice now, last Thursday & on Monday - that compensated for the fact that I didn't go out running on Monday morning, and after the effort I put into that on Monday, my frame was killing on Tuesday morning so haven't gone out yesterday either, and to my hindsight's dismay I haven't been out today as I'm off to London for the day tomorrow, so the last few days haven't gone to plan - will put that right as Week 3 progresses towards the weekend with some weekend running instead.

On the food side of things, my meal sizes have still been reduced, and even when eating out had something small - a sausage & egg muffin, that I believe was my treat for the week, and how I enjoyed it, but was still disciplined after that!

I've also been raiding the fruit aisles at Morrisons and ended up with a bag of bananas and apples, and are busy chomping through those this week instead of what previously would have been a choccy bar or crisps at work.

Just a couple now...
Also consuming plenty of water too, using this as a replacement for wine in the evenings, which I've now got used to drinking - not that I was an alky or anything but you can get used to a wine glass in your hand as you settle down to watch the TV, so pints of water instead for me!

I did allow myself to have 2 of those small 'Southern Comfort & Lemonade in a can' drinks that you can get from the supermarket, but again, 2 was my limit and that was for Saturday night only - you need something to see you through the X Factor!

So, the top and tail of Week 2 has been, not so much running which I need to put right in Week 3, staying disciplined on the drink and meal sizes, and getting on down to a Max & Paddy DVD!!!

Total Weight Loss as of 14 days then: 12.5lbs
Target Weight Loss by Day 28: 14lbs

So, so close...

No comments:

Post a Comment