Thursday 10 December 2009

Do you believe in UFO's?



They are a big talking point wherever you go or whenever you see something "out of the ordinary", and having just viewed the following video - it got us all talking at work.

UFO story

Anyway, plenty of people have claimed to see UFO's over the years, and I'm a firm believer that there is life on other planets similar to that on Earth - why shouldn't there be?

Life on other planets could be living in sub zero temperatures, and maybe think themselves that there can't be any life on planets other than theirs - who knows, maybe they have their doubters but also the groups who are determind to prove that there is life outside Mars, or whatever planet they may be on!

At the end of the day, that sky is such a big place that anything could be up there - one of things I remember most is that scene at the end of Men in Black, where we are just one ball in a very large bag of balls, being controlled by a mammoth of a thing up there somewhere - so we could just be playing a very small part in the universe!

What's your view?

11 comments:

  1. Jeff, it looked like aliens doing fireworks to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that I don't believe there is intelligent life somewhere out there; it's I just don't believe if there is intelligent life, that they'd necessarily have the hyper advanced technology for exploration between solar systems and even if they did, considering most of the universe does not contain intelligent life and seeing how massively huge the universe is, I think it is near to impossible that they'd ever find us.

    http://trailercommentary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd have to read my post on Genes to get my answer for that.

    As for intelligent life, who are we to judge what is intelligent given our collective stupidity?

    AV

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think any society sufficiently similar to our own wouldn't survive long enough to develop space travel much beyond the level we have, and we'll destroy ourselves before we have the technology to get out into the universe. I believe there must be life out there, but we'll probably never meet it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it would be rather shallow minded to believe that Earth is the only planet in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE that can sustain life.

    When you think about the size of the universe and then the size of Earth in comparison, I think that it would be ignorant to think that we were all alone.

    I'm not sure if they're green and have four eyes but.

    I guess we'll never know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was abducted when I was 17; I the aliens messed with me, filled me full of noxious compounds, soiled my clothing, stole all my money, and didn't get me home until 4 a.m.

    Or at least that's what I told my Mum

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have to believe in ufo's if only because if we are here, and this place is so huge, meaning space itself, we just cant be alone.
    Some say we are and I cant see their logic. If other being were around why would they come here, if they could? Simple, why are we going to mars and such. If they have been around twice as long as we have then theyd have the tech to be here fast, unlike us, who have only just satarted traveling outside of earth.
    Cool video, a failed rocket? hmm the spiral seemed to perfect and to consistant to be a rocket spinning one or two gyrations, then veering off would be more likely, wouldnt you think?
    Well I have to pack up my pc. take care man, and whatever you do, keep the tin foil hat handy;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS and I hope you are pleased to have been chosen.
    Bob at http://plainolebob2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. jeff sorry to bother you, but have you ever gone back to read the threads you start.
    they are too funny some times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. and on your follower board, it looks like ely the great is standing at a table with bendigo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tend to keep up with the comments rather than revisiting the blogs Bob - it's certainly been a very busy time recently, and really want to get round other people's blogs again, as I have missed reading other blogs, but time just hasn't been there for me!

    ReplyDelete