Monday 7 December 2009

Rats, oh rats!



Last Friday, the ITV reality Jungle show, "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" came to it's conclusion, however, the row over a rat in the jungle, which was killed by the contestants appearing in the programme, has made the news.

So, why did they kill it?

Simple answer really, they needed to, as they were starving, and were desperate for some kind of food, so they asked if they could kill the rat, and the producers said yes.

Now, the Australian RSPCA are up in arms about it, as it breaks the code of practice that dictates that live animals should not be killed for live performances.

Something of an over reaction don't you think?

I mean, apparently you can't even kill a spider in the jungle due to them being a protected species - what????

The first thing I'd do if I saw one of those things next to me would be to kill it, or actually, I'd probably run a mile, but why the hell shouldn't you be allowed to kill it, I mean if you were in danger of being bitten by the damn thing, well I'm sorry, but it's life has to go rather than mine!!!

Apparently the Australian Police are bringing charges against the two contestants who killed the rat - what a bloody joke.

There ain't half some stupid laws in this world hey?

1 comment:

  1. If it was an endangered species or something, for the purposes of a show, I'd agree with the complaints, but a rat? That's insanity.
    If I was stuck in a jungle, starving and a fat rat crossed my path, I'd be making rat burgers.

    ReplyDelete