Friday 13 November 2009

Winning millions & empty promises!



Last week in the UK, there were two Euro Lottery winners, each scooping a massive £45m, so they won't have to worry about money ever again, or will they?

There are I'm sure plenty of pressures that come with winning the lottery, the first I imagine would be keeping your identity secret, but we all know that even if you wanted it that way, it just wouldn't stay a secret would it?

It would undoubtedly change your life forever, I don't care what they say on that.

Whilst thinking about the lottery, it brought me round to thinking about that film with Bridget Fonda and some bloke, I forget his name now, where he said if he won the lottery, he would come back and give her half of it, I think she picked some of the numbers.

Have you ever done that?

You know, ask someone random for numbers that would make up your lottery slip, and say to them that you would give them a portion of it, have you ever done that?

As a follow up, have you ever, or would you ever actually follow through with that statement, would you return with half of the money for that person? - Imagine the flak you'd get from your other half, if all of a sudden after winning a million on the lottery, you then said to your other half, "oh by the way, this person in McDonalds chose three of the numbers so I'm giving them half of the money"!

You can imagine that would go down as well as a claim that a young boy was stuck in a UFO shaped balloon hurtling through the sky!

So, basically it could be construed as an empty promise, and god knows I've had enough of them in my time, but would anyone be the exception to the rule, and actually give half your winnings away?

I would, well if I won £10 I would!

2 comments:

  1. Well if you were married to the woman Nick Cage was married to in the movie, you would want to pay half to get out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just think the same as Tina. That film was so sweet I would love to think people would be as nice as that in real life.

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete