Thursday 26 November 2009

Who is your all time hero?



This week at work, my company has been celebrating Heroes, no not the tv programme, but modern day heroes, as in normal people who have gone outside the normal way of life to do something memorable, useful, and most of all, to benefit others rather than themselves.

Who would you class as your greatest hero of all time?

Many would say politicians....

Yeah right!

Only joking there!

Many have people such as Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, or even Mr Blobby (that one's for the Brits amongst us, I'm not sure if he ever made it to the shores of the United States!!!).

Anyway, my hero would have to be the person who dreamed up the idea of Football (soccer to the US boys & girls), that person led to so many people across the globe going through the entire emotions available in a human, from the excitement of scoring a goal or winning a game, to the despair of witnessing your team getting beaten with a last minute goal, or even being relegated, or if you check out my Blog on Chester City, you'll see just what a painful & miserable life our club's fans lead!

So, who would be your hero then?

Feel free to comment below...

3 comments:

  1. Jeff,
    this is a really tough one.
    1. the guy that invented the television
    2.Virgil, the all time great story teller
    3. the NYCFD for saving all the people during 911
    4.Winston Churchill, Abe Lincoln, Alexander The Great.
    5.The Apostle Paul, the greatest salesman in all of history

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and dad and Marc's parents are my heroes. My mom and dad for doing such and awesome job with instilling values and belief in my own (also my mom's an EMT and my dad's just a REALLY nice guy) and Marc's for all they've done to help us and others, even though they struggle themselves.

    ReplyDelete