Monday 2 November 2009

Comfort Eating - what's your choice?


Just reading through a report that eating processed foods leads to Depression, and that surprised me a little as I tend to eat a fair pack of the old processed foods - yes, I know - what a crap diet, but I like it!

Anyway, it got me thinking about the fact that people do tend to get their munhcing going when they are depressed or feeling unwell, but does everyone turn to processed food, or do they have a choice of what to eat should they be wanting to binge-eat???

I have to say, my favourite is chocolate, I just love the stuff, and it always makes me feel better, for me you can't beat a big bar of Dairy Milk to make you feel that little better about things!


In fact last night, the wife was kind enough to make some profiteroles, and the Dairy Milk was in full flow, as we melted it, and used it as a dip for the little puds - yum yum!!!

It was almost like having a chocolate fountain - only there was no fountain, just that delightful hot Dairy Milk chocolate sauce, christ, I'm just getting my taste buds going now, just talking about the stuff.

So, what's your choice of comfort food?

Crisps?
Pizza?
McDonalds?
Ice Cream?

There must be quite a range out there, so what's yours?

5 comments:

  1. Actually, hot dogs are my comfort food. They have to be grilled on the BBQ though. It's not the same any other way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know this,eating processed foods leads to Depression. It is really suprising for me.
    But personally I like McDonalds.
    It was a nice post.
    :-)
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    My comfort food is four-cheese macaroni (swiss, mozzarella, sharp cheddar and monterey jack).
    It's excellent! I actually stopped eating chick/beef/turkey in December past. This will be the first year I won't be eating turkey. Processed foods are thoroughly bad for you!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if I have a specific food to turn to as a comfort food...although I certainly do love chocolate. I don't typically eat chocolate bars though...more like cookies or baked chocolatey desserts. Ever heard of scotcheroos? That's my fave probably! http://www.cooksrecipes.com/bar/scotcheroos_recipe.html That pic of the chick eating the chocolate reminds me of them.

    I'm pretty new to this blogging stuff, so if you have time to take on some more blogs to follow, I'd be glad to have some more followers! Thanks!

    Katie

    confessionsofawhimsicalming.blogspot.com
    everydayisaholiday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. correction....

    confessionsofawhimsicalMIND.blogspot.com....D instead of G

    :)

    ReplyDelete