Monday 24 August 2009

Joke of the Day?


I've just finished reading a bit of news about the prizewinner of the funniest joke at this year's Edinburgh Fringe.

The joke that won:

"Hedgehogs. Why can't they just share the hedge?"

Like it!

In fact here are some other belters from the top 10 list:

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'."

"I had my boobs measured and bought a new bra. Now I call them Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes because they're up where they belong."

"I went on a girls' night out recently. The invitation said 'dress to kill'. I went as Rose West."

"I'm sure wherever my dad is; he's looking down on us. He's not dead, just very condescending."

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You know you're going to get it, but it's going to be rough."

"To the people who've got iPhones: you just bought one, you didn't invent it!"

"A spa hotel? It's like a normal hotel, only in reception there's a picture of a pebble."

"I've been reading the news about there being a civil war in Madagascar. Well, I've seen it six times and there isn't."

"I started so many fights at my school - I had that attention-deficit disorder. So I didn't finish a lot of them."

I seem to remember watching the Montreal Comedy Festival years ago, no in fact it was probably over 2 decades ago now, and used to love that comedian Stephen Wright, he had me in stitches with these two:

No matter what temperature a room is, it will always be room temperature, and

I walked across each state of America looking for dog, the whole time he was behind me!

Another classic I recall was from the late Dave Allen, an Irish comedian, who said "people actually believe that if you are stuck in a lift that is hurtling down to the floor, you'll be okay as long as you jump up before it hits the ground!!!

Brilliant one that, anyway, what's the funniest thing you've heard?


Let me know...

3 comments:

  1. why did the pervert cross the road?
    he was stuck to the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cowboy sees the cone
    wet floor
    so he does

    ReplyDelete
  3. A priest, a minister and a rabbi walk into a bar. The bartender looks at them and asks, "What is this, some kind of joke?"

    And

    What do you call a million lawyers at the bottom of the sea? A good start

    Gotta love the classics :)

    ReplyDelete