Friday 21 August 2009

Lockerbie Bomber Released...Why?


Today, for one day only, the Daily Banksy drifts over to the serious side, as one story is dominating world news, and I just can't get it out of my head, so I thought I'd have to do a serious blog today about it.

So, what's it all about?

Well, unless you have had your head buried in the sand the last couple of days, you will have heard the news about the Lockerbie bomber being set free from Prison in Scotland, UK, on compassionate grounds. the reason is apparently has terminal cancer, which granted is not good news, but neither was the fact that he helped end the lives of 270 people - most of which were Americans - travelling on the Pan Am flight 21 years ago this year in December.

A murderer should face life in prison, no matter what his health situation is, he has served only 8 years of his sentence, and has released so that he can die in his homeland.

Let's just say they have got the prognosis wrong, and that it isn't terminal, will they go and get him back? No. Would Libya let him be recaptured? No, of course not.

This decision absolutely stinks, and on his exit from prison & climbing up the steps to the plane he appeared a frail old man, yet on touchdown in Libya, he appeared at the top of the steps to the plan punching the sky with delight.

It's a disgrace this, don't blame the Scottish people though, they are just as much up in arms about this whole affair, remember they were badly affected by what happened that fateful night.

No, this is politics at it's worst I'm afraid.

They are a poor breed, and often accused of sleaze, well today, I'm accusing them of absent mindedness.

That's it - serious rant over from me, but I welcome your views.


ps Back to the light side on the next update I promise!

2 comments:

  1. i for one contend that this was indeed a political ploy or coup, with the recent developments of friendly terms between libya and the usa.
    kinda makes you think about it, does'nt it.
    plainolebob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have literally had my head in the sand sinse june. I only know bits of pan am 21
    I do not give a shit that americans died. He murdered . the land on which I live means nothing when murder is in play. the judges and leaders laugh in the peoples faces every day on every channel, because the people watch and pay them to do just that. . I have seen good poeple died in front of my very eyes. i hope he suffers and rots in a pain that can not be stopped , that I wish on all invoolved in his release. I cry for those that lost a friend that day. he will die soon. They must live with that memory. I will wager a happy thought for every leader that is not re-elected next term. people follow them and praise them, and pay them. in taxes. I do not and I will never do it again. sorry i think jerry stringer is comming on. that is what "we the people of the devided states of earth" care about in 2009 welcome, now you go to work, you have taxes they demand today.
    stay safe my friends.. I bet spelt that wrong too. :.(

    ReplyDelete