Monday 3 August 2009

No job? So sue your college!

An interesting story this one spotted on the Beeb's website, where an American woman is suing her college where she achieved a bachelor's degree, as they failed to provide her with leads for a job!

Brilliant, if only I'd thought of this at school, I could of avoided paying attention to those boring classes of education, and claimed after leaving that it was their fault I'd not got a job, and lived off the money that the Court would award me in damages!

Yeah get real - the chances of the Court actually ruling in favour of this New York student are about as great as it never raining in the UK ever again, but imagine if they did fall on the side of the student, talk about a preverbial can of worms being opened.

What other examples could we have?

1) I got totally drunk the other night, but am taking legal action against the pub, as they continued to serve me alcohol after my first pint!

2) I withdrew lots of money from my bank account, but am going to sue the bank for not telling me my bank balance was going to be lower!

3) I spent enough money on Sky Sports in the last 12 months, but am taking them to court as my team continuously lost when live on the tv!

4) I am taking another TV channel to Court, as they insisted on inflicting "passive listening" to Big Brother, quite possibly the worst show on television, so I am taking steps to have those wasted minutes given back to my life!

So much fun could be had with this, any other examples out there?

2 comments:

  1. Excellent. I really enjoyed this post. I couldn't agree with you more about the extremes we could take suing to.
    Well written, funny and to the point. oh, and I can't stand Big Brother either!
    I look forward to reading your future work.
    Ness
    http://naughty-nessie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. after reading your 1st had to come back and read them all, your blog and thing are much like mine, i saw this article in the paper and my first reaction was only in the usa would someone try and sue the messenger.
    very fuuny stuff

    ReplyDelete