Sunday 23 August 2009

How extreme are you?

Just sitting here thinking of extreme things that I've done in my life of thirty six years, and I guess one of the most exhilarating things I have ever done is jump out of a plane 10,000 feet up!

That was one magic experience, although plenty of nerves in the half hour leading up to it as the plane circled it's way up 1000ft by 1000ft!

The feeling of sitting on the edge of the plane door underneath the wing was pretty mad too - it was a tandem jump, and I was sitting over the edge of the plane thinking oh well this is it!

The fall was pretty intense, I'd liken it to sticking your head out of a car window as you go along the motorway at 120mph (not that I ever do that you understand), like dogs do, which also makes me laugh!

Once that chute opens though, jeez you suddenly feel yourself being yanked back up in the air, or so it seems, I know it's only slowing you down really, but I tell you what I certainly had a high voice afterwards - I'm sure you fellas will know what I mean!

The landing was a bit of a butt-hurting moment too, landing right on it, but once down, punched the air with delight at the fact that I'd not only survived, but enjoyed every minute of it!

So, what's the most extreme thing you've done?


3 comments:

  1. ok, i already put this on you question in the coffee shop, but i actually, and literally jumped from a tug boat onto a run away in the shipping channel. the barge was 40ft. in the air so i had to catch the rungs climb the 40ft. secure the barge. then climb back don and jump back to the tug boat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic. Did you take it or is that you in pic? http://saraseigfriedphotos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks white rabbit, but no it's not me so I can't take the credit for that - good old google images!!! I only have dvd footage of me doing the jump, maybe I'll get that linked up somehow!

    ReplyDelete