Wednesday 19 August 2009

What do Americans really think of us Brits?


Yes, this one is for all you American readers / bloggers to answer!

A lot is made over here of the Americans being a bit over the top when it comes to doing "normal" things, like the cheering in cinemas / theatres for instance - that being just one example.

On the flip side, I view Americans of having pride in their country, something a lot of British people don't have, and would rather spend the time moaning.

However, one common view is that people in the US like the Brits, as they like the Queen, or other members of the royal family - trust me we're not all like that!!!

Anyway, over to you American folk!


Let me know your thoughts...

5 comments:

  1. god save the queen and all that, hell you guy are much better at soccer than us, your bowling team sux tho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatles, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Monty Python, Backing us in times of war... What's not to like? The only thing I've noticed is that the media over there sensationalize news to make it more juicy. We typically (or at least are suppose to) simply stick to facts with news. We use to anyway.
    http://weirdthoughtsmiscbabble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's England?



    Jk. I've got no issues with the Brits. I think we could take quite a bit of advice from you on a ton of things (except food). Though London seems way under Big Brother's ever watchful eye. Kinda creepy with all those cameras everywhere.

    And personally, I love Newcastle, and a quite a few of your ales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think, well I don't know any brits.
    I can say, russian women are cuter IMO ofc :)
    and our flag has stars, yours dont:p
    I heard on the radio the world loves god, ops sorry i meant our leader barak, i got confused because he is treated as a god. so i can agree with you on the leaders aspect. As for defending americans going over the top movies and such. you got me man, I sit and enjoy the show, then quietly leave. I'd assume its the gang mentality thing. but lastly In my countries defence, I'll point at the others and say, at least we don't tear a city to shit and kill eachother because our team won a football game (soccer in american terms)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fair comment Johnz, I'd have to say that I do love the fact that in the NFL - fans seem to make it a happy occasion, and make a day of it too, which is good to see.

    I only wish it was that way over here, the closest we get is a pint in the pub near to the ground the game is taking place in!

    ReplyDelete