Saturday 22 August 2009

Mobile Throwing Competition???

As promised, back to the lighter side of life after my rant yesterday, and what a bizarre thing I saw today - a mobile phone throwing competition!
Yes, it really is a proper competition, in the European country Finland it is anyway!!

No seriously, it is!

Now I know of many occasions where I've wanted to throw somebody's mobile out of their reach as they've been a tad loud on the phone, and rather annoying in the process.

I don't think it's a case of throwing someone else's mobile, but how fun would that be, it would be the perfect way to get back at people who annoy us with their telecommunication skills - or should I say lack of them!

Anyway, the Finns don't stop there, they even have a Wife Carrying competition - i don't think I'd better visit that subject for fear of violence for the better side of gender - see my way of trying to be kind to the female kind there?
So, if you were to come up with a bizarre competition, what would you come up with?

For me, it would be a "How much sherbert can you shove in your mouth without exploding?" competition, the sheer looks of pressure on those eyeballs would be so so funny to watch!


Anyway, over to you all...


2 comments:

  1. well, for the civilized, we have the watter melon spittin thing, and the frog jummpin thing, but me an the boys, do the fart-lightin thing sees who can shoot the longest flame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got the cow flop competitions here. You take a dried up wad of cow waste wholeness, & see who can throw it the farthest. Yum...

    ReplyDelete