Thursday 22 October 2009

James Bond veteran dies... Goodbye Dr No.


Just reading some sad news that the actor, Joseph Wiseman, who played the very first James Bond baddie, Dr No, has died at the age of 91.


It was in 1962 that the first Bond film was released, and began an amazing sequence of films for the 007 character, played by Sean Connery in the first film, and then a succession of different actors followed, including the legendary Roger Moore.

I do love the Bond films though, it's something I grew up with, and really enjoyed as a kid, always wanting the Lotus that used to go underwater, I did have the toy (ah bless), and also a James Bond watch that played the Bond theme tune when the alarm went off - classic hey?

My favourite Bond films have to be:


No 1 - Live & Let Die
No 2 - Goldeneye
No 3 - A View to a Kill


The characters in all of the Bond films are just pure classic, the likes of Jaws, Blofeld, the one played by Grace Jones, and the fantastically named Pussy Galore!


The theme tune to Live & Let Die has also got to be amongst the best ever too, with Duran Duran's A View to a Kill coming a close second!

Everyone has their choice of best Bond actor, but as I grew up watching Roger Moore in the character, I'd have to go for that one!

Anyone else like the Bond films?



3 comments:

  1. Bond is my favorite! I grew up watching these films also and I am very jealous of your toy lotus. I don't really have a best bond actor. I think part of the reason for the 007 series lasting like it has is that they get actors that bring a really different feel to the series. Gives it a nice change and kept it from getting stale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no, no! The original Bond films were the best and Sean Connery rules! My favorite, "To Russia with Love" and then Goldfinger and "You Only Live Twice." The second best Bond, Pierce Brosnan, but Daniel Craig is very promising. Grrrrrrrr....

    ReplyDelete
  3. thunderball.... its the obvious choice !

    ReplyDelete