Wednesday 16 September 2009

How early do you Christmas shop?


As I started the Countdown to Christmas Blog yesterday, it got me thinking that I need to start buying presents in for people.


Now, I know of people that start very early in the year, I even know people who buy next year's Christmas presents in the after Christmas sales - whaaaaaat?

Yes, how ridiculous, times change, so why buy things that soon? Cards I can understand, but not gifts surely, but yes, some people actually do it.

I tend to have a little too much to think during the rest of the year to worry about getting presents, but then when you think about it, it's actually not a bad idea, and spreads the cost of buying all the stuff at once, so maybe forward planning is the answer here.

Which order do you get your presents?

Personally speaking, I tend to start off with the wife's first, plan that, and buy whatever I've come up with, then get other members of my family sorted, and then eventually return to the wife again, to add a few little gems for that Christmas stocking.

Do you treat yourself to a present too? I think you should, even if it's just a nice drink at the local boozer, a nice cold pint of beer to say well done Banksy, you've done well son.

If not, I recommend everyone does this at least once a year, time to congratulate yourself that you've achieved something for the year!!!

So, when do you start buying your Christmas presents, and when have you normally finished?

Let me know below...

1 comment:

  1. I am one of those weird people! start my Christmas shopping in January! Sales, no crowds.... its wonderful. And the money I save.

    Buy toyX last year (2008) $100, in Jan 2009 0n sale $60-70; similar toyY 2009 $150, man I got it for less than half price.

    The shopping I did last January is for this Christmas, prezzies are already wrapped and hidden!

    Order, the kids first. Ex can go to hell, she nearly bankrupted me through theft in two years.

    Only presents I buy this year are labeled "To me, From Me with love!"

    I'm looking out for my prezzy now, I wonder what it will be? I have to ask myself this question because I get to play Santa at the bar every year; Ho Ho Ho... and, I don't even need the false beard nor belly pillow!

    AV

    ReplyDelete