Friday 18 September 2009

Is the kiss to be replaced?


Having just read a story on the news that in Jordan - that's the country, not the British slapper that is also known as Katie Price - the government have encouraged people to avoid kissing to stop the spread of Swine Flu, which has engulfed the world, since it's major outbreak in Mexico earlier this year.

Will this work???

People all over the world like a good kiss, whether it be a quick peck on the cheek, or a full on frenchy with the other half, we all love doing it surely, one way or the other?

So, how would we cope if we didn't have kisses, what would we do to replace it?

Some suggestions include hugging, smiling, waving, or simply shaking hands, surely people wouldn't ditch a kiss in favour of shaking someones hand, I can see it now, I arrive home from work, "honey I'm home" - immediately the wife would run out to meet me, and just when I think I'm in for a passionate embrace on my return, I get offered a hand to shake instead!

It would just not happen.

Then again, I probably wouldn't be lucky enough to get my wife running out to greet me from work!!!

But let's say that the kiss was not there to use in the first place, what other gestures could be thought of?

How's about one of those things where you continuously slap your hands, you know in a child on the playground sort of way, we could all go back in time and make it an adult thing. How funny would that look as you greet a friend at work???

Another one? Well, you could do the old 'thumb on the nose whilst waggling your fingers' routine, I have no idea what that is called, hence the bizarre explanation!

Maybe we could reverse the rudeness theme, and make sticking out your tongue a greeting to be proud of rather than one you just tut at and think what a rude chap!

There could even be a word invented that we all use instead, and that becomes part of everyday life, or you could just say the word "kiss" and everyone would know what you were doing!


Any others out there?


7 comments:

  1. I seriously doubt that anyone could *really* keep their smackers to themselves. Just thinking of the very word "kissing" gets a lot of people in the mood to get hot and heavy... and that's the way it should be! What they should be taking a stand against, if anything, is kissing people who have not consented to being kissed.... I understand that that tends to be a problem of sorts in that region of the world, although I may be (as I often am) misinformed.

    Cheers!
    Jenno

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love the word "snogging" -- just an afterthought of an FYI. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would help curb the spread flu and regular colds.
    The best thing to do is find another part of a body to kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man "So, how was it for you baby?"

    Woman "Yes, errrm,,, very firm grip darling!"

    Ridiculous, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No No No NO........
    I refuse!
    kissing is the best part! I refuse to give it up!! Swine flu or not- I just can't imagine going through the rest of my life with no good "make out" sessions to look forward to! Sometimes, I want nothing more than just a really good back in high school make out!
    No No No NO - I refuse 8-)
    there is NOTHING that can take its place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ban kissing? Why, snogging is one of the best parts. What else would one do between the box of chocolates and nooky?

    Ban kissing, why they'll have us believing in creationism next. Ban kissing would be the first step toward 'devolution' we'd all end up looking like Homer Simpson.

    Terrible prospect.

    AV

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't imagine not kissing in a intimate sense. Although I would be fine with not having to kiss acquaintances on the cheek at work functions etc.

    ReplyDelete