Saturday 26 September 2009

What have you got in your loft?


Just thinking about what Christmas decorations we had in the lft - and no, I'm not getting them out yet, but was having a walk round the loft from inside my head, when I thought, let's go and have a look.

So, out came the ladder and into the loft I went to see what else was up there, and don't you just have a "trip back in time" when you go up into the loft or attic whatever you want to call it??

A lot of my old school stuff was in there, stuff like reports, or assignments which I'd forgotten about, even the dreaded school photo was in there, you know the one, where you have spots or freckles, and you just know that powers that be would decide to take the worst photo of your life on a day when you probbly couldn't look any worse if you tried!!

What else was up there?

Lots and lots of records, both 7" singles, 12" singles, and LP's in my vinyl collection that very raely sees the light of day, stuff like the best of ELO or Now That's What I Call Music - Volume 6, wow, stuff like Feargal Sharkey with a A Good Heart, and Queen - One Vision, some belters on here, I think I'll set up a turntable with speakers in the loft so that I can have my own Retro Day soon!!

What else can i see?

Well there is plenty of newspapers that I have saved from important days in history, such as the day we went to war in Iraq, and a copy of the 1966 paper, from the day England won the world cup, okay it was only a replica one, but I remember getting that when I was about 10 years old.

I've even got a few scrapbooks (remember them - may do a seperate blog about them soon, such good fun creating your own scrapbook), this particular one saw a lot of cuttings of the film Superman!!!

I was always a Superman fan rather than a Star Wars fan, it's just the way it was when I was little!

A look across, and towards the back, and a bin bag full of cuddly toys, not of mine, but of the wife's - ahhhh.

Anyway before I embarrass her as to what she had in that bin bag, I'll sign off for the day, I'm sure there's a few stories out there as to what people hold in their loft...

3 comments:

  1. Jeff,
    Does my mother-in-law count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha only if she's neatly boxed up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas decorations, they gather dust for a year but come out every christmas :)

    ReplyDelete