Saturday 12 September 2009

We're all hypocrites really aren't we?


It's a general statement to make I know, but all of us are guilty of hypocrisy, I believe.

Why?

Because we all (I'm pretty sure) do things that we raise our eyebrows at others for, for instance, speeding in the car, we all tend to see someone go past us at some stage of driving and think to ourselves "bloody speeder, where's the police when you want them" - and yet we're happy to do the same at a different time, and most probably, if we got caught, we'd say that it was unfair, and that they should be concentrating on other crimes more important than speeding!

Just like when you tut at people who are drunk on the streets having had a big night out, and yet, you have probably done the same, and not given it a minute's thought about annoying other people!

I'm sure there are plenty of examples out there, what do you think?

Are you guilty of being a hypocrite?

6 comments:

  1. yes we are. only we say 'f--ng moron' here instead of bloody speeder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the comment at my blog. Your blog is also an entertaining read, havn't had a chance to check out the others. There's sooo many! As far as hypocracy goes, I'm always playing my music loud but when other people do I often take a dislike to it! shame on me. keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said in the post on Blogger, hypocrisy is human nature. (I think I clicked the wrong option in spell check there - ouch, the result of blogging at 4am)

    I would like to met the person who has never been guilty. He/she must be a truly wonderful person, or the most successful hypocrite...

    AV

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few weeks ago I was in the car with my mom, she indicated right but accidently clipped the indicator again and appeared she wished to turn left.

    The cars behind her waited confused but they drove past shouting abuse. If they were in her situation... a simple accident that can happen to anyone then they wouldn't like anyone shouting at them. That's for sure...*Hyprocrites!*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edit I chalk it up to being human and incapable of perfection. No matter how much we know the "right" things to do, it's not realistic to expect we'll do everything 100% right, 100% of the time. (No to mention that "right" is so bloody subjective.)

    That said, the key is also understand that of others. To be less judgmental; more forgiving.

    As said above and alluded to in your post, it's "easier" to point fingers at others... but often those very qualities/actions in others which piss us off the most are in some way a mirror of our own qualities/actions. Something we probably don't want to face.

    It's a good topic - thanks Banksy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. guilty, hell, i invented it, ialways forget when i'm mad then think bout it later and go who me

    ReplyDelete