Tuesday 8 September 2009

What do you get up to in your Sleep?




Last night, a rather bizarre but common place thing happened in bed.









I won't go into sordid details here don't worry, but my head had just hit the pillow after watching tv for the past couple of hours, and I pretty much drifted off to sleep, when suddenly I found myself in dreamland.

Nothing wrong with that I hear you cry, but the next minute I experienced one of those "almost real" moments, you know where you actually feel like you are living the dream, but in reality...hmmm does that make sense?

Well, you know what I mean, anyway, I was convinced an object was about to fall straight on my head and it produced a "real" reaction, when I ducked, but in a horizontal way, yes, imagine lying in bed on your side, and ducking!

It woke me up with a shock, but not half as much as the shock for my other half who I kneed up the bum as I "ducked", that certainly woke her up, and was not best pleased, "What the fuck did you do that for" was the response, only then did I mention my "dream" scenario.

Anyway, after that, we both laughed, but it made me think, there must be more people out there who did this kind of thing unintentionally, so please world, put me out of my misery and tell me you've done that too!

2 comments:

  1. jeff, i walk and talk in my sleep. one summer i was working on a Siesmograph crew while off on break from school. All night long I was stomping Geophones into the floor of my apartment floor, while sleeping, man the people down stair were really pissed off. they couldn't wake me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, sometimes I talk in my sleep and the weirdest thing is that once I realise, I tell myself to shut up and go back to sleep!

    ReplyDelete