Monday 7 September 2009

What sweets did you like as a kid?

Following a story about a rejected approach to take over Cadbury's, I thought I'd go back in time, and bring up the subject of what we all liked to eat as a kid.

By that, I mean what kind of chocolate bar or sweets we liked as a kid.

There are so many out there, that I'm sure lots of people have different favourites from, one of mine has to be Flying Saucers, you know those little sweets, that are basically sherbet inside two cardboard discs put together - the perfect mix: Cardboard & Sherbet!

There was also Bon Bons, but which one would you like? Strawberry, Lemon, or the White Toffee ones?

Also, the choice of stuff then & now was/is endless, and you could get sickly sweet Caramacs, or even Space Dust which was just quality - that's the stuff that you put on your tongue and all of a sudden your tongue went ballistic, with the dust popping all over the place.

Other favourites of mine when I was little included Curly Wurly's, Dib Dabs - mmmm, I'm salivating at the thought of that right now, and also Chewitts!

I know those in the US call sweets "candy" I think, so not sure if you got those over the water there, but I'm sure there was something similar if not exactly the same.

So, how many more do you remember from your youth that you enjoyed?

Let me know...

4 comments:

  1. i was a milk dud freak, loved them things. what you didn't eat fit good in a sling shot to shoot at ole jimmy ray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abba Zabba ...still my favorite but dang hard to find. Ask for it in a store, and the clerks will look at you like an escapee from the space-time continuum. (heh ..sometimes that reaction is even better than the candy..)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I used to eat pretty much all the sweets in the picture. I have a sweet tooth and used to spend all my lunch money on sweets when I was at school, of course I used to save some of my 50p pocket money. I would get the 10p mix-up when I was short on cash...LOL

    I used to buy a box of rainbow drops from the newsagents aroundthe corner up until about 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete