Wednesday 2 September 2009

Spiders - Why are they so scary???


Thinking about what scares you in life, well one of the most common things in life is people getting scared of Spiders!

Spiders just look at you with their evil eyes, I'm sure they even wink at you whilst scaring the shit out of you!

However, people always say, they are scared of you due to their size, rubbish - if that were the case they wouldn't hang around over your head whilst you lie in bed, or even set up residence in your car, bedroom window, or even your clothes - you know what, I think they just want to be your best friend!

Last night in our house, one pretty large eight legged fiend was travelling across the sofa, you know the bit where you lean back on, prompting my other half to propel herself off the sofa and produce quite possibly the loudest scream ever heard in the history of the Earth, christ, even the Spider jumped!

It really did!

So, do Spiders scare you?
Who do you rely on to come and get them?
How do you (or they) get rid of them?
Do you kill 'em or just chuck them out back?

Or are you one of those strange breed of people who actually like them?

Maybe you take them for a walk, invite them round for a drink - hmmm, there we go, there's an experiment to try, pour some alcohol into a bowl, throw Spidey in there, and watch it get drunk, now that could be interesting!

Anyway, I've digressed, you like them or not?

5 comments:

  1. Hate em. In the yard, they live. In the house...die spider, die

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jumping spiders scare me, but other than that, spiders in general just gross me out. I'm much more afraid of the insane insects that jump or fly. They're sadistic. They wait until you're just passing by and out they come at you! You KNOW they just go back to their little holes or whatever and laugh their asses off. Reminds me of the time I went to Williamsburg. I was walking, and my attention was drawn to something else. When I looked back, all my brain registered was the fact that there was a flying insect right in front of my face. With a brief squeal of disgust and fright, I fell to my knees. I was quite embarrassed to learn that my attacker was merely a butterfly. *shudder* Haven't liked butterflies since then either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. for me it's snakes. just hate the sight of them! but i won't put a spider in my hand either. there's always shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them as long as I dont see them. Ive both killed and carefully tossed them out my door. I drink alone (mostly) and I dont want no 8 legged 6 eyed drunk little spider babe climbing all over me getting webs everwhere. I live in a basement and have 5 different "flatmates" whick I do talk talk. simple things like hi, thanx for killing the flies, your an Fn slob, well there are little bug corpses here an there, stay off my bed an clothes or your a stain. Coolest one Ive seen lately had white legs and a long triangular bright yellowish/neon greenish, if you can picture that shade with 5 bright redish orange spots with black boarder on the topside and a body length the size of blogger[B] on your "MY BLOG LIST" here on the right. Ill go try to make a picture in bitmap. Man i need a life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. spiders, scary, hell yeh, look at that creepy movie guy, but i don't kill em i leave em alone they catch all the other one that really bug me

    ReplyDelete