Thursday 3 September 2009

Why's it so hard to stay awake?


Today, I feel like I'm a walking zombie.

That horrible feeling of starting the day when my eyes are only allowing themselves to open half way and then deciding to roll around one of those little ball bearing games that drives you mad - all this whilst trying to sit in a meeting listening to people.


Why do they always insist on looking at you when your tired eyes are on this tour of the world, and you know damn well that the talkers are thing "how ignorant?", but you just can't help it, it has this hold over you!


Everything people tell you goes in one ear and out of the other, you just can't concentrate, and need sleeeeeeeeep!


It's no fun I can tell you, I've tried caffeine in the drinks today in a bid to keep going, hell I'm only just managing to write this blog - has anyone got any offers of help to....to....zzzzzzz...to...zzzzzz....to give me something to keep me awake?


What do you do when you're in this sleepy situation? Let me know....

4 comments:

  1. hell i got no choice, bess, keeps me up, she just keeps yakin.
    when i was takin them ocean going tugs on a long haul, i would drink that really strong coffee.


    [email me----babblinbobbyford@gmail.com--- thanks]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I don't remember who told me (or maybe I read it somewhere?) but supposedly if you're really tired, drinking water helps - you can feel uber tired if you're even just a little bit dehydrated. See if that helps you a bit. As for myself... coffee... lots of it. To the point where I should take out stock. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. get some sleep! we don't need more zombies on the road... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee and water work. You end up constantly moving...to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete