Wednesday 9 September 2009

How much should you spend on presents?


An age old argument between people is how much money they should spend on their partners for Birthday or Christmas presents.

Should there be such a high importance placed on things such as the value of presents?

No of course not, but the argument goes on all over the world that they felt that their other half should have spent more than what they did on the last birthday or christmas present.

Maybe you don't buy any anyway, and prefer to do something else

Valentines Day is the same of course, with the value of presents shooting up, well maybe not the value but the cost certainly does, whereas the value is probably goes lower.

So, how much would you be prepared to spend, and what do you think is an acceptable amount to spend on your partner?


4 comments:

  1. man i am such a sucker on this one, but i usually don't look at price as much as what the interest is of the person that i am buying for and buy accordingly

    ReplyDelete
  2. from my partner? knowing how guys are, i'm just grateful if he could remember my b-day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always try to buy gifts I think the person would appreciate and I really do feel that it's the thought that counts. I'd rather recieve something that's obvious the person has put a lot of thought into it than something really expensive.
    The best example of this for me is my sisters boyfriend. For valentines day this year he repainted their bedroom. This is something she'd wanted to do for ages as it look horrible before and it was a really thoughtful thing to do.

    Now, where are all the other guys in the world who would do that?! :)

    sab x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well, I am one of these people who tends to even appreciate a card for birthdays or Christmas. Besides, Christmas is not about gift giving or receiving presents.

    Nowadays, I tend to spend money on the little ones in the family at Christmas especially if I am strapped for cash.

    I used to work as a Beauty Consultant in Central London many years ago and everyone used to get a perfume gift set or skincare stuff. I would bring cards with various perfumes on them and slyly ask everyone what they thought. This is how I knew which perfumes to buy for each person.

    Gift vouchers usually go down quite well too because they can spend it on something they really want instead of getting an unwanted gift.

    I try to get something relevant from places where I know people usually like to shop.

    ReplyDelete