Monday 21 September 2009

That bloody alarm clock!


Why is it when you are just having the best part of your sleep, that alarm clock just goes and ruins things for you, and tells you to get up!

It's quite possibly the most annoying thing on earth, but every home will have one, no matter how much you want to chuck it out, or even smash it against the wall, it's one thing the majority of the world have to rely on.

I'm sure that these little clocks sit there all night chuckling to themselves just knowing how much they are going to disturb your sleep, and take last night for instance - I couldn't get off to sleep last night - always struggle on a Sunday, and I can tell you it's not the excitement of going to work that's keeping me up, that's for sure!

No, it just seems to be a Sunday night thing for me, maybe it's my body's way of saying, "I ain't finishing for the weekend just yet", but it is really annoying - maybe I should get some hypnotist in, then again, that probably isn't a great idea, as I'll need someone to click their fingers or clap their hands instead of that really annoying alarm clock going off to bring me out of my trance.

Can't see the wife being happy to do that!

Does anyone else have these 'Sunday night issues', and is there a cure you can suggest???

3 comments:

  1. i have been late to work a couple of times due to alarm clock problems, so yes, i definitely need one. check out beamingbalance's post if you have trouble sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always end my sunday with well. I treat myself and the family to nice dinner. I go for a walk or hike, I than slip wine and share a pint of ice-cream with the husband while watching the simspons and iron chef. I lay in my bed looking at husband and closes my eyes thinking about what next weekend will be like.

    I find letting my imagine wonder when I restless makes ready to dream and than ready to wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn i have the same problem. almost every night im still up at 1am and have to get up at 6.45am. i sleep through it even then. i have terrible sleep problems.
    someone should do a blog on how to sleep.

    ReplyDelete